Monday

Yoga Mats with Tropical Palm Tree Designs

Yoga Mats with palm tree designs and in a selection of different colours.
Yoga Mats with Palm Tree Designs
Several years ago, whilst in Palawan, Philippines, I took some photos of lofty palm trees against a cloudless blue sky.
I really liked the photographs, especially when I started to play around with them, creating what we graphic designers used to call "line drop-out" effects (giving the images a posterised style, at the most extreme almost like a silhouette).

Altering the Colours with Imaging Software

Having posterised the images, I was able to create a number of different colour versions using Photoshop. The colour would be changed by converting to a monotone, and then specifying what that colour was. I could also add a background colour. I created a series of images, some with backgrounds, and some without, having just a plain white background.

Adding the Images to Yoga Mats

I had created these images as large file sizes, so they would replicate easily on some of the bigger items that I would be utilising on Zazzle. One of the items I felt appropriate was the Yoga Mat. In fact I created a collection of designs, some of which included the option to personalise with a name.
Palm trees posterised effect on a yoga mat. Green and white. Personalised with the owner's name.
Yoga Mat in Green and White, with Owner's Name

Yoga Mats with Variations in Colour

I used the different colour versions of my palm trees image to create a range of Yoga Mats. Here are several more examples.
Yoga Mat in Black and White
Yoga Mat with Palm Trees design in red and yellow
Yoga Mat in Red and Yellow, with Name in White

I also created a version of the posterised photograph with a greater number of colours, although still limited. I thought this one looked quite effective. What do you think?
Posterised Yoga Mat in Blues and Greens

The Yoga Mat Collection

There are further colour options that I have designed. You can see these in the Yoga Mat Collection in my Typically Tropical Zazzle Shop. Here is a link to the full Yoga Mat collection.

You can sign up with Zazzle and start making money from your own designs and creations by clicking the banner below...
Shop & Create on Zazzle

See more of my cartoons at www.nigelsutherland.co.uk

If you liked my post, please share via the buttons below. Thanks!

No comments: